Monday, February 05, 2007

Feeling better now

This week promises to be more organised. Thank god for that. My trouble is the older I get , the more impatient I am when things interrupt my plans. I had a long talk to Adam and Eva on skype that was great. They are still enjoying their work in Scotland and are going to stay longer. That gives us the opportunity to visit them. We need to use our frequent flyer points so we HAVE to go . We leave on 15th. may and return on the 15th. June. We will be back in time for Sophies 2nd. birthday on the 16th. and Nicole, Raffs, Ellas and Charlottes baby due end of June. We are very fortunate to have great bosses that allow us to take time off without losing our jobs. Adam and Eva are paid for their holidays so they are taking time off to travel with us for 2 to 3 weeks. That will be great.We have been quite busy with our catering business . I think Rachel is on a winner here. She will be very successful one day as the business is growing at a good pace. Lucky she gives me time off as well. I visited my friendly Dr. Anthony on Friday .. he really is so nice. I knew when I was summoned to his office that the results of the lesions I had removed were not going to be great. One of the them on my neck below the ear lobe was the worst one because it grew within 3 weeks and was not a good carcinoma. The other one on the top of the nose was a different kind of cancer . It grew over a matter of months. Both of them are all gone he assured me He took 5mm. depth that was tested to 3mm of carcinoma. I had a complete body check... everyone should have that done every year at least. I need to go every 6 months now forever because it grew so quickly. It just goes to show something as innocuous as a pimple looking thing is still worth getting it looked at. Twice now , early detection is the best prevention. Now for the lecture. Please slip, slap, slop and regular pap smear tests. Females are also very susceptible below the knees as we always wore skirts so check there as well I also had 8 burnt from the back of my hands ... another common place to look. It is not hereditary but purely sun damage. It is preventable . I was lucky again. Anyway Nick is complaining I don't have enough life insurance. All went well with Rachel and Paul and the kids. It is still a big adventure. Nick and I wish them all the very best for the future.

1 comment:

Adam and Eva said...

We are looking forward to catching up with you two. I think a big hug is in order..