Saturday, February 16, 2008

Weddings


We have had our fair share of catering over the last few months. February has been particularly busy. we have catered for 3 very different weddings . All have been in the country which is lovely. I felt I had to blog about todays though. We catered for 37 on a houseboat. He supplied the hot finger food ...he has a mate that works for Bidvest. They supply pre -made food. You know the kind... very salty very fatty and leaves a yuck taste in the mouth. We are food snobs I decided today. We are used to making our own food so we basically were the hired help to heat and serve this food. Well, people were asking us what things were and what was in it. Didn't really enjoy that part of it. We have standards we are proud of. We supplied and served a few platters of our own prepared cold finger food. The house boat wedding was great. They married on the banks of the river. It was very pretty though very hot it reached at least 36 in Gawler. As we started to prepare the food for the platters all of a sudden I started to feel very sick. We were moored at the edge of the river and every time a jetski or speed boat flew fast the boat rocked.. not violently very gently that was the problem. . I held it together just but everytime I put my head down to do something that feeling overcame me. It really was very casual and they only celebrated with their best friends and family the way it should be.The photo I have supplied is the gift they gave to their guests and to us. Say no more.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It was certainly a different wedding. What you can't really see from the photo is that this is a stubby holder - it is neoprene and has velcro on the ends to wrap around the beer. I said they should have filled it with sugared almonds to keep the traditional touch.